A Networking Forum for

Greater Pittsburgh Area Real Estate Investors
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Opportunity for interesting partnership
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:38 am 

Hi! I'm new to this forum and new at real estate investing. I have an interesting situation that may make me a suitable partner for another investor, new or seasoned.

Recently, my wife and I moved from the States to London, England. I'm originally from Western PA and still have many ties there. Since we moved for her job, she agreed to let me take a stab at full-time real estate investing rather than getting another office job. Since I'm not quite comfortable with both the buying process or market conditions in London (plus it's waaaaaay overpriced at the moment), I decided to take a stab at "virtual wholesaling" in the Pittsburgh market.

Originally, an old college friend of mine was going to partner with me and take care of the "in-person" activities like property evaluations, etc, while I'd handle the marketing, analysis, negotiating, and the rest of the 80% that can now be done online for cheap or free.

Due to unexpected work and family commitments, my friend has had limited time to help me out, and I'm more or less stuck in the meantime until I come up with another solution. I have hundreds of hours of training under my belt including a good bit of live calls to sellers and other investors, but I'm really itching to start turning deals.

So, if there are any investors out there who don't enjoy the marketing/talking to sellers/deal analysis/negotiating part of the business, but are OK with property inspections, closings, driving for dollars prospecting, etc, we should talk.

My background/past life was in IT consulting, where I spent most of the past 18 years. My last position was Director of Internet Software Development for a publicly traded sales/marketing company in the States. As such, I know how to build a website or two, and am well-versed in online marketing tools and techniques like pay-per-click advertising, SEO/SEM, website analytics, and most other things e-commerce. I'm also happy to answer any questions you may have regarding websites or online marketing.

Please email me at john@crownliberty.com if you would like to chat or kick some ideas around!

PS - I do get to Pittsburgh a few times per year, so I wouldn't be a total stranger, and can and will do some in-person activities while in town.

PPS - I'm open to simple networking as well, so if you'd just like to chat about investing, feel free to also drop a line!