A Networking Forum for

Greater Pittsburgh Area Real Estate Investors
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Regarding Contractor Warnings !
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:44 am 

Hello New to the Roundtable, I hope I can bring some useful information to the forum and provide a valuable service without the fear of inexperience or being ripped off!

I have been a real estate investor since September of 2000. My background allowed me to have a leg up with the industry and take a different approach with business.

From 1995-2005 I was involved with Mortgage Banking and Investments
After College and Thru Out My Career I Have been involved with both Hands on and Management Applications with General Contracting.
For the past Five and Half years I have been a Full time General Contractor in Ground Up Residential and Commercial Construction. One of our specialities is Renovation and Design Planning. Which really came in handy when it came to our own properties.

The comments that have been mentioned here, are just the tip of the ice-burg!!
In our industry ( General Construction) not only do we here comments on a regular basis from clients and customers, finding the right help is another battle.

Being in the position of Real Estate investor and Contractor, and having a good understanding of the banking industry, makes my situation unique, and helpful with success. We have the knowledge and care that most of the so called contractors on this level choose to ignore, or ignore out of greed, etc??
I look at things this way in life and business. If you need to constantly advertise, talk how great you are, etc.. that just doesn't add up!! It has been my experience in life and business that good things come to good people. Treat other's the way you would want to be treated!! That is how I have always treated others and ALL of my clients, and that's why we don't HAVE too advertise or post ourselves numerous times on Craigslist, newspapers, etc.. Unless you have a larger type business and you need to have a lot of business just to support work force, I don't see the reason behind it. Bigger isn't always better!

REFERRALS ARE THE BEST COMPLIMENT, and drive most businesses to success!!
We Have very dedicated low turn over workers, including myself which is still hands on to date, with every aspect of our projects and jobs. Pride is sometimes forgotten with a lot of business today, and the driving factor seems to be the almighty $$$.

We are a full service company offering a wide range of services, insured and bonded, at very reasonable costs. Below is a Partial list of Services we handle ourselves ( No Sub-Contractors):

Total Renovation and Design Work
Complete Electrical, Plumbing, and HVAC Work
Framing and Trim Carpentry
Drywall and Painting ( Interior Only)
Roofing, Siding, Windows
Tile and Flooring Work
Kitchen and Bath Renovations
Concrete and Masonry Work
New or Replacement Sewage, Water, Gas Lines
Light Excavation Work ( Bobcat and Mini-Excavator)
Commercial Build-To-Suit Construction and Design
Knowledge of IRC,UCC,IBC Construction Codes

So basically I would like to see more of our industry have successful experiences and profit in all aspects from their properties. If we could be of any help to local investors, or need some advise with construction related topics, feel free to contact me. I look forward in meeting others in the Industry.
Thank You for your time, and hope this comment will be of some help to you.
Sincerely,
Anthony
ARG Construction Services
a GenCorp Enterprises, LLC company
(724)350-5326
gencorpenterprises@comcast.net

Post subject: Re: Regarding Contractor Warnings !
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Anthony,

Welcome to the Roundtable, and thanks for sharing your offering.
We're all rehabbing or in need of repairs, and can certainly use
your services.

Emilie