Greater Pittsburgh Area Real Estate Investors
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Renesance Electric
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:48 pm 

Refused to come and fix problem they botched

Post subject: Re: Renesance Electric
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:36 pm 

In our defense we do not do work for free. If a job is completed and inspected and everything passes then something unrelated goes awry it is not our responsibility. We have over 150 customers that back up our quality of service and we offer LIFETIME warranties on all work preformed. If you were a paying customer and had a problem with the work we did it would be fixed free of charge. Unless you are our competition upset that we took away some of your business? Well either way there are always two sides to every story. Have a wonderful and safe day.

Colin MacLaren
CEO Renaissance Electric LLC

Last edited by Renaissance on Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:47 pm 

I contacted Renaissance Electric on a referral from another company that had done some remodeling in my home. I needed some rewiring done, as the original wiring in the house was, shall we say, not exactly as safe as one might like it to be. When he came to see the problem and give me an estimate, I found the techs to be professional, no-pressure, and willing to take time to answer any and all questions. They scheduled the service quickly, within a week. They arrived on time (9am) and on the first day, the Pittsburgh weather unexpectedly got in the way of something they needed to do on the outside of the house - so they stayed 3-4 hours later than they had planned in order to finish a different part of the job that they had originally planned to complete the next day (until about 8pm). The job was complete the next day, at the exact price they quoted.

Therefore, I can summarize my experience with Renaissance Electric in one word: fabulous. To be honest, I was not even aware that they were even here (I work during the day, and felt comfortable leaving them access to my house) - to me, I simply came home and had a beautiful new circuit breaker with upgraded electricity, and newly wired bathrooms. I have not had any problems with their work, and in fact the owner has been very kind and responsive to a few frantic emails that I have sent to him that clearly demonstrated my lack of knowledge of anything related to electricity beyond flipping a switch... He has always responded promptly and has never taken it as an opportunity to "create" a call in order to make money, as we know some companies will do.

Not only would I give them my highest recommendation, I do in fact plan to use Renaissance Electric again in the near future. I have every confidence that anyone would be more than pleased with their work. Sorry your experience wasn't as pleasant.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:51 pm 

And there you have it folks. Case and point. Have a wonderful and safe day.

Colin Maclaren
CEO Renaissance Electric LLC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:02 am 

Nice con job! Your dad writes well! I was a paying customer! You did not fix the problem! I called talked to boss. Said they would come and never did!! I called 5 times!! Finally, called someone to fix your mess. I paid again!! If you want to use this servie it is on you! I use many contractors to work on my houses. I have good things to say about them. NOT THIS ONE!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:25 am 

Did you notice that Maryjo and Reninusance joined the forum the same day and Maryjo posted aproximately 20 minutes later! Boy, he thinks we are really stupid people!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:59 pm 

I have used Renaissance Electric multiple times in the past and was very disheartened to see such horrible accusations written on this site. I don't normally post on sites such as this but had such wonderful experiences with the company that I cannot believe anyone would have such trouble. I had to join and post immediately. The economy is bad for everyone, it's upsetting to see how far some will stoop to step above others. Every call I have ever placed to R.E. was returned within 20 min (even my frantic 1am call after having a series of negative experiences with another electrician, which was my first contact with the company: it is nice to know that when a company promises 24 hour service, they mean it!). The owner has always provided a free estimate as promised and usually provides timely next day service (the longest I have ever waited for service was three days). I have a hectic work schedule which changes frequently and they have always worked with me to schedule service around my odd hours. The workers have all been very friendly and worked to make sure my experience was a pleasant one. I have recommended R.E. to several friends who have all had similarly pleasant experiences. I have always been provided with written contracts before $1 was spent and every aspect has been fulfilled. They are also extremely flexible when I needed to make changes or add work to the job being done, updating contracts with me as the work went on. As someone who has been burned various times by other companies or service providers of all types, I stand by those who have treated me with respect and provided wonderful service. Message me on here if you have any worries or questions, I currently and will continue to recommend R.E. for all your electrical needs.

Ps. I find it hard to believe to starter of this forum was every a true customer... the company name isn't even correct in the forum title

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:26 am 

It is what it is! I was a customer. I did not get my problem fixed. I called and was told someone would come back. They did not come. I continued to call and they still did not come. Your PS is great! Did you happen to get the play on words I used!!! By the way you spell ever EVER!
I am just trying to get people to be aware!